Yes, All Uvilite products are completely safe as they are chemical-free. We only ask for any user not to look directly into the ultraviolet bulbs and avoid being around the Torch when it is in use.
UV-C light is a germicidal light that destroys the DNA of bacteria and viruses. This prevents the bacteria and viruses from reproducing and then kills them all in a matter of seconds. The ozone propagates to the areas where the light does not reach directly. Being such a strong oxidizing agent, it kills all microorganisms effectively and removes all odors from the area at the source.
Studies show that Ozone kills bacteria about 3 200 times faster than chlorine
Absolutely does! Ultraviolet and Ozone technology has been used for many years now by hospitals to disinfect their facilities, banks to disinfect their money, public buses are put in UVC tunnels to be disinfected, most water treatment plants use it to kill all the pathogens in the water, and more.
Is a proven and extremely efficient technology.
All Uvilite products have been lab tested and microbial studies have been conducted in order to become certified so we can guarantee that they work and they sterilize. Visit the tab “last results” for examples on the microbial studies.
As a safety precaution, we recommend not to look directly at the light as it can irritate your eyes and also not be in the same space as the Torch while it is being used as it produces ozone, which is a powerful germicidal gas. Wait until the cycle has ended, ventilate for a few minutes, and you are good to go!
We recommend using it 4 – 6 times a week. Just avoid using it more frequently than 2 hours a day per room/area.
Depending on how big is the area you will need between 10 to 60 minutes for a complete sterilization.
An area of 15 sq ft will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
An area of 30 sq ft will take approximately 30 minutes.
An area of 60 sq ft will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
We use the highest quality quartz bulbs that have a lifespan of 10,000 hours. If you used the Torch for 1 hour per day, everyday - the Torch would last you about 27.5 years!
We recommend using 1-2 times per day. Should you require, you can use it more frequently if you have contaminated the item/surface.
Depending on how big the area or product/object is you will need between 2min to 4min for a complete sterilization.
Phones have up to 20x more bacteria than door handles, public restrooms, and toilet handles. They are one of the dirtiest objects we come in contact with every day, having over 20,000 bacteria per square inch.
Under 5 minutes
Absolutely, yes. In fact, we encourage you to do so since your case is full of bacteria and is what your hands are in constant contact with. The UV-C sterilizer will sterilize both your phone and your case.
Long story short, do not. Do not look directly into the UVC light neither point it at your skin or eyes.
Do not be around the Uvilite Torch while it is in use.